Saturday, January 12, 2008

You Know You're Getting Old. . .

This week has been a rough one. My schedule this term is different than I have ever had and I'm not sure I like it. I go to school only on Tuesdays and Thursdays - but I go ALL day on those days. I leave the house to drop my son off at 8:30 a.m. and didn't get home on Tuesday until 8:00 p.m. I have made some alterations which will allow me to drive to campus instead of ride the train which will same me some time in the future. On Thursday it didn't save me any time because I had to go straight from school to the PTO meeting at the elementary school (I'm the president of the PTO - I know, I know, don't I realize I can say "no" to some of these things?). Going to the PTO meeting meant that I wasn't home until 8:30 p.m. I have Monday, Wednesday and Friday off but I spent them on homework and volunteering at the elementary school and doing housework. By Friday I was exhausted!! I ended up going to bed at 8:45 last night and slept until 10:00 this morning. That is how I know I'm old!!!
I think it will be a good term (if I can get over the exhaustion). I am taking an American Short story class from a professor that I adore, Shakespeare's comedies and a class called "Gender Class, Culture" which is supposed to be an English department class. This Gender, Class, Culture class is dual-departmental with the English department and the Women's Studies department and it is much more Women's Studies than English! I was going to drop it but it is the last required class I have (the other two are electives) and I couldn't find anything to replace it with! I think it will be ok but it will be very different. With all of these classes I already have lots of homework.
Let's hope that my 12+ hours of sleep let me get something done this weekend.

Jill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can also tell by the growing maturity and beauty of you children that you're getting old.
And by looking at you kids, especially the second oldest, YOU MUST BE PRETTY DARN OLD, lady!