Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Muffin Madness Recipes - Lemon Muffins

Due to a large volume of requests (ok just one, thanks Mandy!!), I am posting the recipes I used for my Muffin Madness day.

For the lemon poppy seed recipes, I cheated and used a box mix because it was sitting on my counter (they were on sale at Albertson's awhile ago for $1.00 a box and with coupons I got them for even cheaper. I bought lots and not all of them fit in my storage box where I keep my "mixes"). I do however have a great recipe for lemon muffins.

Lemon Muffins
makes 2 dozen

Combine in a bowl:

2 1/2 c. flour (can you half whole wheat flour)
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp salt

Combine in a different bowl:

3/4 c. melted butter or margarine
1 1/2 c. lemon juice (if you are using the stuff in the bottle use less, it is stronger)
5 eggs
grated lemon peel (whatever you get off the lemons, 1 tsp?)

Add the wet to the dry and mix until uniform but not smooth. You can add poppy seeds or you can add blueberries (YUM). Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. When they are done and slightly cool you can dip the tops in a mixture of 1/4 c. and 1TB lemon juice, then dip in sugar. You can of course make mini muffins out of this also.

Jill

No comments: