Thursday, May 1, 2008

Muffin Madness


Today I baked muffins. Lots of muffins. Here's how I see it, if I'm going to take the time to do the work of making muffins, I'm going to go all out. They freeze well and they are terrific snacks for the kids to eat after school and to take to school for snacks or as part of their lunch. If I make them myself they are cheap and nutritious, too. Today I made 4 dozen regular sized muffins and 60 mini muffins. I did lemon poppyseed, blueberry, and pumpkin. The blueberry and pumpkin are both half whole wheat flour so they have some "staying power" to them. I will freeze (in freezer bags) most of them so I will have quick snacks for weeks (hopefully, but with four kids I'll be lucky to last a week!)

The above picture doesn't include all the muffins my family already ate. The muffins were done when the kids came home from school and Jim came home from work - amazing how fast muffins can disappear!

Jill

1 comment:

Jason Young said...

HEY JILL!!! How fun to see your blog and all that you've been up too!! You've got to share the recipies (I never spell that word right) for your muffins!! I would love to do a muffin day and freeze some!

Mandy