It snowed here last night. I love snow. But I am sick of winter. Can spring please, please, please hurry up? I'm tired of being cold. I'm tired of being stuck inside. I'm tired of my chickens being up to their ankles in mud!
Sunny skies, warm breezes, the smell of flowers and fresh cut grass. These are the things I long for. I know that it is just a few weeks away - but I want it NOW!
This week on Frugal Feasting I'm going to be talking about Soup and Bread. We have a soup and bread meal at least once a week. Soup is (usually) so cheap and filling and good for you. Add a homemade bread of some kind and there you have it - comfort food for cheap! I'll post some recipes for bread and soup and talk about why having soup and bread once a week is such an easy way to watch your wallet.
I'm doing some baking today with the intention of having some leftovers for snacks. Yeah, we'll see how that works. Seems like whenever I bake with the intention of leftovers, the family is famished and eats it all up. Maybe if I hide it?
- Oatmeal muffins with blackberries
- homemade oatmeal
- cereal (great sale at Safeway!)
- toast with jam or cinnamon sugar
- leftover waffles from lunch today
- pasta salad with veggies and feta cheese
- whatever else we come up with
- Spanish Tortilla (we were supposed to have it last week and it didn't happen)
- Homemade pizza (same as the Spanish tortilla, what happened to me?)
- Burrito bowls
- Navajo tacos, using homemade refried beans
- lentil soup and dumplings
- Chinese American chow mein
Check out more menu plan options over at Organizing Junkie! Lots of really organized women over there!