This week on Frugal Feasting we are going to be talking about "Buying in Bulk." This can be a great way to save money on groceries and develop a great pantry. But not everything is great in mega-sized packages! We'll talk about what I buy in bulk and what I don't. I'll be posting lots of recipes using my bulk purchases - including "Apple Berry Bars" a delicious new cookie recipe I found!
As for dinners this week? I'm playing the "use what you have" game because I have a LOT of eggs to use up. Having chickens is great. I love watching them and mostly I love the fresh eggs I get everyday. Right now I'm averaging four eggs a day - that makes two plus dozen a week! Needless to say, right now I have an abundance of eggs and will be using some up this week in my dinner menus.
- homemade "instant" oatmeal with berries
- Toast with jam or peanut butter, juice
- cereal that I got on sale
- lunch meat sandwiches
- yogurt with granola
- Campbell's soup that I got on sale
- Bread and cheese souffle (using eggs), salad
- croquettes (recipe posted this week), steamed broccoli and cauliflower
- Taco stuffed shells, mexican rice (recipe this week), salad
- Broccoli Cottage Cheese Casserole, fruit, bread
- Homemade egg noodles with butter sauce, veggies with ranch, fruit
- Soup and bread - bean soup in the crockpot