I'm excited to be cooking without the restraints of the month of nothing but some things remain. We are keeping the soup and bread night each week and I'm going to continue to cook with beans at least once or twice a week. Beans are so good for us (as well as economical), so it just makes sense to eat them more. And my family likes them, too. I have lots of Italian sausage in the freezer so I'm going to use some of that this week, too. So here we go.
On Monday I'm off work so I'm doing a baking day to fill the freezer with snacks and breakfasts.
- Pumpkin muffins
- Cinnamon bread delight
- Homemade bread (two loaves, one plain, one cinnamon swirl)
- Homemade granola bars
- Our favorite potato dish (sometimes called funeral potatoes because it is the dish often taken by church women to the funeral)
- Brown rice, beans and cheese crockpot thing (leftover from last week)
- Chicken, homemade rice-a-roni and veggies
- Polenta with Italian sausage and mushrooms (I'm making this one up as I go along, I'll let you know how it turns out)
- Breakfast burritos
- Bean and sausage soup, pan rolls
It is supposed to rain here all week. Wish me luck on my walking to work every day!
To see lots more menu ideas, jump over to Organizing Junkie!