Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Can't Wait For Tomorrow

I'm so excited! Tomorrow is the day that the newspaper article about me and my fight to save my chickens appears in the paper. Or at least it is supposed to - the reporter said that feature stories sometimes get bumped for actual news. NEWS?! You mean they might think something was more important than my chickens??! Whatever. (Did you notice that perfect imitation of a teenager there? Do I have my teenager impressions down, or what?)

Later today (after I get back from work) I'm going to post a whole pictorial about my chickens. I had taken a bunch of pictures before this whole mess started (and my chickens had to move) and I intended to do a whole blog post on my chickens, but never got around to it. I'm doing it tonight because the reporter said she would include a link to my blog.

On chicken news, I have calls in to several people about the status of the "fight" but haven't received calls back yet. The reporter (her name was Robyn) was going to call all the same people so maybe the information will be in the article.

I will be sure to link to the article when it comes out.

Think I'll be able to sleep tonight?

Jill

4 comments:

Nancy M. said...

I look forward to seeing pictures of your chickens and to reading the article. Chickens are real news, aren't they?

Alexis Harrington said...

Go, Jill, go!! I read about your troubles in the paper today and I'm cheering for you here in Fairview where I keep my three girls. I wish I had a henhouse like yours. I have a tractor and I need to figure out something else, fast!

Lexie

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I was told by the head of Gresham Code Enforcement that NO CHICKENS were EVER allowed at ANY TIME! Seems he was wrong, wasn't he?

I will be watching this event unfold with interest. Keep up the good work and I hope those stuffy "city dudes" relax a little. My goodness, we had a drug house across the street for the longest time. It took them about 2 years to get them out of here. Suppose someone complained about a chicken? Yep, gone the same day. Priorities, people!

thecitychicken said...

You can see the article on Jill's fight at:
http://home.centurytel.net/thecitychicken/articles.html