The last few weeks have been SO busy! I started a new job (which I love), gave two newspaper interviews - for The Oregonian and The Gresham Outlook, testified before our city council again, and wrote a response to one of the newspaper articles. In addition I have gotten lots of email, phone calls, etc of support for my chicken fight. I need EASY recipes this week!! Monday is my son's birthday and he wants Dutch Babies which is easy and yummy. And some family favorites which are easy.
- cereal (Albertsons had a sale and I bought 40 boxes of cereal for $1 each)
- Homemade bread toast with jam
- oatmeal with berries
- brown rice, black beans, cheese, salsa and sour cream. (One of my all-time favorite meals for lunch!)
- lunch meat sandwiches, fruit, pretzels
- whatever else people want to put in their lunches (I've got lots of good lunch stuff around, in addition to Cinnamon Bread Delight, lemon poppyseed muffins, granola bars)
- Wagon Wheel Chili (boil some wagon wheel pasta, drain, add a can of your favorite chili, a small can of tomato sauce and some garlic powder, stir and serve), biscuits, fruit
- Spaghetti Carbonara, tomatoes, - (the link is for a recipe which is similar to the one I make except we of course make much, much more! We also use bacon instead of pancetta - I'm sure the pancetta is much more authentic but it is also much more expensive! And I have bacon in my freezer!)
- Dutch Babies (German pancakes), for Kaden's birthday
- Soup and bread (in the crockpot hopefully. The soup not the bread)
- Bean burritos, rice, fruit
Org Junkie is having a "Family Favorites" menu plan Monday, check it out for lots more menus and recipes.