Sunday, September 7, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Sept 9 - 14


This week is my second week of working. I was exhausted last week so I'm trying to plan really easy meal this week in case I'm really tired again. I'm also trying to be really cheap because I'm saving up to place an order from Azure Standard. I've found some really great things I want to get but ordering in bulk can add up!!

Breakfasts:
  • Baked oatmeal (I've had this on my menu for the last three weeks and I haven't made it yet! This week I'm doing it for sure!!)
  • Cereal (we still have lots from the great sale at Safeway a few weeks ago)
  • Oatmeal with berries
  • One-Eyed Egyptians
Lunches:
  • Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
  • yogurt with granola
  • Bean burritos (with leftover homemade refried beans from Friday night's Navajo Tacos)
  • veggies with ranch
  • all lunches will be supplemented with fruit and crackers or pretzels
Dinners:
  • Soup and bread (whatever kind of soup strikes my fancy but probably a bean soup)
  • Parmesan chicken and potatoes (we got lots of red potatoes from the garden)
  • Good Ol' Beans and Rice
  • Potatoes, sauerkraut, and sausage
  • Homemade Mac and Cheese
  • all dinners will be supplemented with salad and veggies from the garden - we have SO many tomatoes!
This week I will also be making pesto from all the basil in my garden. I'm thinking of canning pears this next weekend. We'll see if I have the energy for it!

For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie.

Jill

4 comments:

Heather said...

Great menu. I'm so jealous we didn't get any ripe tomatoes here. Have a great week.

Jennifer said...

Your menu sounds wonderful. Baked oatmeal is a favorite around here, especially to my son - he requests it all the time!

Have a delicious week!

Lynn said...

You menu looks great this week.

Nessa said...

All I can say is yum! I will be trying the potatoes, kraut, and sausage recipe. Have a great week!