Saturday, September 27, 2008

Yeah Me!

I had one of those days today. I went to bed last night disgusted with my house and my out-of-control life! I had things on my to-do list that had been on there for weeks. I needed to finally do a couple of those things and not be disgusted anymore.

So, today I got up and got ready. Then I went and found some cheap apples ($6.00 for a 22 lb box of Galas - I bought four boxes) then came home and got to work. I cleaned both chicken coops (the one they are living in now, and the one in my yard that is empty but hadn't been cleaned out. See, I told you it was disgusting!), held a funeral for five baby bunnies that didn't live nearly long enough, transfered straw from one bin to a different bin for transferring to the new coop, made 33 chewy granola bars, canned 25 quarts of applesauce, made all the children actually do their Saturday chores, made pasta salad and foccacia bread for dinner, planned my lesson for church tomorrow, vacuumed the kid's rooms, cleaned my bathroom, had a long phone conversation with a good friend I haven't talked to in a long time, threw in a load of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and wrote this post.

I'm totally exhausted but it is a good kind of exhaustion. I feel very satisfied that some things that have been bugging me forever are done. My house is cleaner than it has been in weeks, and I can sleep deep.

Yeah, me!

Jill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must feel so much better! I know I do when i have a day like that. Plus it makes me want to keep it up, at least for a couple more days. I always find it is easier to relax after knowing you had a productive day.

Jill said...

Katie, I do feel so much better! Now if I can just get my family to not trash the house . . . .!!

Jill