I almost never buy cookies, snacks, or most kinds of baked goods. I do buy sandwich bread because I have yet to perfect sandwich bread. But a loaf of French bread? Ha! A bag of dinner rolls? Never! A tube of refrigerated biscuit dough? Are you kidding?!!
Join me this week as I share some of my favorite (and a new one or two) recipes for baking at home!
For our meals this week, we are trying a few recipes from my new cookbook The Passionate Vegetarian by Crescent Dragonwagon. I'm excited to try them but we have to mix it up with a few tried and true ones so the family doesn't revolt!
- Homemade bread toasted
- oatmeal with berries
- leftover pancakes (from dinner)
- whatever else we come up with!
- Falafel (from the new cookbook), pita bread, salad
- Spanish Tortilla, steamed veggies
- Smothered Seitan (from the new cookbook, I've never tried Seitan so this could be interesting!)
- Our favorite potato dish (a creamy, scalloped potato type dish)
- Ethereal Buttermilk-Oatmeal Pancakes (from the new cookbook), sausage, hashbrowns, fruit
If you want more menu ideas, check out Organizing Junkie!