One of the most important tricks for saving money in the kitchen is having a few good cookbooks. Having access to good, reliable recipes is essential. This week I'm going to talk about what kinds of cookbooks I think are necessary to have around plus I'm going to do reviews (with recipes) from some of my all-time favorite cookbooks! Come back and check it out!
The menus this week are easy and warm - I'm busy this week and the weather is supposed to be cold.
- Baked oatmeal (I swear I'm going to make it this week!)
- "homemade" instant oatmeal with berries
- Homemade bread toasted with jam (I'm posting this bread recipe this week)
- scrambled eggs with toast
- bagels with cream cheese
- hummus with pita bread and carrots for dipping
- Broccoli cottage cheese casserole
- Ham fried rice
- Winter Minestrone with Pesto (I'll be posting this recipe this week)
- Toasted Cheese sandwiches and tomato soup
- Swiss and Bacon Quiche (recipe posted this week)
And hop on over to Organizing Junkie for some more great menu ideas!