The point of my series, Frugal Feasting, is to help us save money on groceries. So far, we have talked about buying in bulk, buying things on sale, and mega-cooking (including some tips for really Mega-Cooking). This week we are going to talk about the thing that saves me the most money of all - not going out for dinner!
We very rarely go out to eat. When we do, it is a special occasion, and we usually split entrees. I'm sure that waitresses hate us, but we do try to tip good. I don't always feel like cooking but I have some great tricks for those nights I just can't do it. We are going to talk about those this week and give you some good recipes (especially our favorite - Burrito Bowls).
So this week I'll be eating some yummy recipes and some really easy ones.
- homemade oatmeal
- Baked oatmeal (with the leftovers to be used as snacks)
- eggs in some way (we have a lot of eggs right now - maybe One-eyed Egyptians?)
- homemade bread toasted with jam (found a new recipe for Honey Whole Wheat, yum!)
- lunchmeat and cheese sticks, veggies, crackers
- pb and j sands
- Burrito Bowls
- ham fried rice
- soup and rolls (we have this at least once a week)
- bread souffle
- Italian chicken and mashed potatoes
- quesadillas (I got a new gridle and I can do lots of quesadillas at once!)
If you need more menu ideas, check out Organizing Junkie.