Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Welcome to Jill's Crazy Life!


Welcome! If you are new to my blog I thought I would tell you a little bit about myself and what exactly I am doing here. (Well, right now I am typing but you know what I mean . . . !) I started this blog to prove to myself that I could write. I had just been rejected by Pacific University for their Master of Fine Arts in Writing program. I was disappointed to put it lightly! I started writing entries about my family and life as a wife/mother/full time college student to prove to myself that, yes, I can write. But slowly things began to change. I started writing more and more about food. I decided not to fight it!

Now I see this blog as a way for me to expand my "food horizons." I also hope to share some of the things that I have learned along to way. Many years ago, I quit my job to stay home and raise my three daughters. We figured out our budget and we had enough to cover everything - except food. Somehow we always ate, and ate fairly well, and I learned to shop and cook for next to nothing! With the price of food today, I need to go back to cooking cheap - and figure all of you could use some recipes and ideas, too. Hopefully, we will start a conversation and we will all share what we know.

I must warn you, I am still a wife and mother (although I graduated from Portland State in May), and my blog will feature my kids and life here in Crazyville. (That is me and my youngest, Kaden in the picture above) It is highly likely that sometimes the entries will not even mention food! But most of the time it will and hopefully it will entertain as well as inform. (oh, I have high aspirations for myself, don't I?) In the coming weeks I will review cookbooks, provide links to cool cooking stuff I find, and post recipes.

I hope you will bookmark me and come back often to see what I'm up to. For now, feel free to browse the site and make comments at will.

Enjoy and welcome to Jill's Crazy Life!

Jill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I can read about your crazy life and get some good tid-bits about cheap food preparation! Keep up the great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi, you have a lot of foods tat you know of!! And like my Mom said Keep Up The Great Job!!