Sunday, June 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Menu Plan Monday is being hosted at Heavenly Homemakers this week. Check it out for tons of menu ideas,

This week I am attempting to, once again, limit my food budget (with the exception of Friday because we are going to get together with my sister and her family for 4th of July and party!!). I'm limiting my food budget because I want to be able to splurge next week when we go on vacation. So this week, I'm eating a lot out of the pantry/food storage and mostly getting fruits and veggies from the store. So this is what we are eating this week:

Breakfasts:


Lunches:
  • mac and cheese (probably from a box but I might get energetic and make my own)
  • leftovers
  • pbj's
  • mini-pizza (english muffins with toppings)

Dinners:

  • Spanish Tortilla ( basically a potato frittata with caramelized onions, potatoes and eggs), veggies with ranch dip, home-canned pears with cheese
  • Hawaiian Haystacks
  • Broccoli Cheese soup (freezer meal), bread or maybe biscuits
  • Taco-stuffed shells, mexican rice, tortilla chips, fruit
  • Restaurant-Style Chinese Chicken from Saving Dinner, rice, steamed veggies
  • 4th of July - hoagie sandwiches, fruit salad, chips, cookies,

Snacks:

no-bake cookies (it has been hot here!)
coffee cake/snack cake
veggies with ranch
apple-oatmeal bars (recipe with pictures tomorrow!)

Notes:
  • You will notice that I don't have days assigned to meals (except for the 4th), that is because I decide the night before or the morning of, what I feel like based on how busy my day is, what the weather is like, or what needs to be used up. I like the flexibility of not being tied to a specific meal.
  • There are a lot of egg-heavy dishes/snacks (french toast, spanish tortilla, cake, etc). Because we have chickens in our backyard and therefore a continuous supply of eggs, I consider eggs a "pantry" item and also very cheap for us!

What are you eating this week?

Jill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope someday to have chickens. I usually assign meals to a certain day, but then almost always rearrange as I feel necessary.

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com