So this is what I have planned but things may change depending on how the week goes. The main goal is to not spend money! I'm trying to use up produce in the fridge, and once-a-month-cooking meals from the freezer. Since my veggie girl is going to camp, we will be meat heavy this week. We usually have at least three vegetarian meals a week, this week will probably be zero!
- cereal, berries, milk
- toast with jam, fruit, milk
- One-eyed Egyptians, fruit
- smoothies (berries, bananas, juice, etc)
- leftovers (I'm sure there will be lots)
- PBJ's, applesauce
- Pad Thai (ok, this one is just for me and Hubby, the kids don't like it. I found a reasonable approximation that I can make at home - it isn't real Pad Thai but it is noodles with veggies and peanut sauce. I'll try to post the recipe this week)
- Mac and cheese - the youngest two love this the older two, not so much. So this week is the perfect time to serve it, I almost never do because it isn't "real" food.
- Lentil stew with added kale, cabbage, quinoa, and barley. Bread and salad.
- Red beans and rice, tortillas, veggies from the garden
- Meatloaf, baked potatoes, green beans from the garden
- Taco-Stuffed Shells, rice, salad
- Pesto Pasta, bread sticks, fruit or salad - whatever we aren't sick of yet!
You can find lots of other menu plans (by much more grammatically correct people, I'm sure) at Organizing Junkie.