Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We Got an Earth Machine



No it isn't really a machine (Kaden was sorely disappointed that it was a "real machine"). But it does make earth. We have been wanting a better composting system for a long time, what we had just wasn't really working. Metro (our regional governmental body) offers the Earth Machine for $35.00 which is quite a bargain. The only problem is that the only place they sell it is a long way from my house and isn't near anything else I would want to go to. With gas prices the way they are, I just couldn't justify the drive for a composter.

Today I was talking to my dad (who was talking on his cell phone while driving - boo-hiss! As soon as I found out he was driving I made him "hang up and drive!") He told me he was going to the Metro place to get some paint. "Hey, while you are there Dad . . . ." He called me back about 10 minutes later to tell me I was the proud owner of an Earth Machine!

I set it up in about 3 minutes and it is already making compost for me. Hooray! It will take a while to transfer the old pile to the Earth Machine (I don't want to overload it). But this is a happy day! Go Earth!

Jill

No comments: