Sunday, July 27, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - July 27 - Aug 2

Check out Organizing Junkie for lots of other menu plans - lots of great ideas!

We are expecting lower temperatures here for the next few days (70's instead of 80's - it's rough here in the Pacific Northwest). So I'm planning my meals accordingly. Even though we have A/C I don't like to turn on the oven and bake something when it is really hot out. Also, I'm not in the mood for "cold weather food" when it is hot. Plus, I'd really like to not spend too much this week, because I'm just like that. So here is what we are eating:

Breakfasts:
  • I'm going to make waffles early in the week and we will eat the leftovers off and on later in the week.
  • Granola with berries (we are going blueberry picking this week - $1.00 a pound!)
  • Cereal with berries (got a good deal on cereal at Grocery Outlet)
Lunches:

Dinners:
  • Jim's Favorite Potato Dish, salad, breadsticks
  • Cheddar Broccoli Soup, homemade wheat rolls
  • Braid Bread (a Jill Creation - I'll post the recipe after I make it so that I have pictures!), salad, fruit
  • Tamale Pie, fruit salad, rice pilaf
  • Frito Salad (later in the week when the weather is warmer)
  • Tuna Salad (only hubby and I will eat this, I'll make something else for the kids)
Snacks:

  • Banana Bread
  • Granola with berries
  • yogurt with granola
  • Chewy oatmeal fruit bars (a recipe I found on the Quaker Oatmeal canister, I'm going to try them for the first time)
So that is the week. Let's see if it actually looks like that in reality!

Jill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Menu. We love granola. I think I will have try this recipe.