Friday, April 11, 2008

New Chapter

Just shortly before I graduated I received a letter that would pull me up short and cause me to really look at what I wanted with my life. I was rejected for the Master of Fine Arts program at Pacific University. I decided that what I probably wanted to do was go back to my original plan and get my Master of Teaching and teach elementary or middle school. The problem was that I needed to make that decision right now. The deadlines for this year were just a week or two away. After taking a day or two and talking with Jim I decided to wait a year and go next year. This gives me time to recover from the whole college thing for awhile and spend some time with my kids. It also gives me time to really decide what I want to do with the rest of my life.

In the meantime, Jim and I have decided to move. We (really, I) have always wanted some land - just an acre or two. With prices being a little lower right now, the time is now! Our house will go on the market next week and then we'll start really looking for our dream house.

Jill

No comments: