Monday, April 14, 2008

You know you're an Oregonian when . .

You know you're a real true Oregonian when you love the rain! The last three days have been dry and relatively warm here in the Northwest but that all changed today. The clouds rolled in yesterday afternoon and at about noon today it started to rain. I grew up here in Oregon and I can honestly say I love the rain. Something about being inside my nice warm home while the rain splatters against the windows and pings on the fireplace insert makes me feel so secure. I feel cozy and sheltered. When people talk about "cocooning" - making a safe, secure, cozy place out of our homes so that we have a place to shelter from the outside world - this is the feeling that I picture. My home is in order, food in the cupboards, warm cat by my side, what more could I want? The only thing missing is all my family out and about in their lives -work and school. When they come home and we are all accounted for, then I will feel as if all is right with the world. Well, once I make us all a cup of cocoa!

Jill

No comments: