Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So Far So Good

Well, I'm back from the grocery store (actually we did the storage unit, library, bank and grocery store - grouping my trips these days to save on gas!), and I did pretty good. I spent $72.74 on groceries today. And I even splurged a little and bought some potato chips and cookies (they were both on sale and the cookies were less than a dollar but I don't normally buy these anyway. Homemade cookies are cheaper and healthier and chips are better left out of my house! Chips are the one things I have no self control over!). If I can do this well next week that will leave me $50 for Costco and I'll still be under $100 average for the weeks! Yeah me.

So, what are we having for this $72.74? For dinners this week we are having:

Chicken Crockpot stuff over brown rice, applesauce and salad
Chinese chicken salad and breadsticks (homemade)
Lentil Rice Casserole, steamed veggies and homemade bread
Orecchiette alla Rustica (out of Family Circle magazine, new recipe), breadsticks
Crepes with berries and hashbrowns
Homemade soup and pan rolls

Lunches will be leftovers for Jim and I, cheese and crackers, granola bars, fruit. bagels and cream cheese and leftover breadsticks for the school kids and PB&J, oatmeal, yougurt with granola, or soup for Kaden.

Breakfasts will be cereal, oatmeal, toast (from homemade bread from dinners), one-eyed Egyptians, or smoothies (bananas, frozen berries, misc. fruit and 100% juice, frozen).

Snacks are leftover bread stuff, bagels, fruit, cookies, muffins (homemade), GORP, etc.

We are eating good for less!

Jill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jilly. You've inspired me to want to spend less on groceries. It's time for me to pay attention to prices, buy less and get my family to eat healthier.