When I plan my menus, a lot of though goes into it. I decide what the weather will be like (ie, should we have salads and BBQ or casseroles and soup?), what my schedule will like (quick easy meals because we will be away a lot or more time intensive because I'm home and not so busy?), I factor in the budget that week (cheap meals?), and lot of other things.
Sometimes, however, my choices are made for me, at least in part. My husband brought this home from work the other day:That is 15 lbs of taters, my friends. We be having taters this week.
So with that in mind, and keeping in mind that I start my new job this week, this is what we will be having to eat this week:
- baked oatmeal (with leftovers for snacks and other breakfasts)
- leftover whole-wheat pan rolls with butter and honey
- French toast (we have tons of eggs right now so I'll make extra and freeze for first day of school breakfast next week)
- cereal (Safeway is having an AMAZING sale on cereal and I'm buying it for $1 a box so I'm stocking up!)
- leftover dinners
- one-eyed egyptians
- Ramen noodles (one last time before school starts and they get brown-bag lunches)
- Mashed Potato Patties, fruit
- Baked potato soup with homemade whole-wheat pan rolls
- Vegetable Pie (no potatoes but it uses up zucchini from the garden!)
- Baked Potatoes with broccoli and cheese, tomato and basil salad (from the garden)
- Spanish Tortilla, stuffed tomatoes (from the garden!)
- Meatballs and mashed potatoes, veggies from the garden (make extra mashed potatoes for mashed potato patties)
For more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.