For more menu ideas visit Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.
Summer will officially be over on Wednesday when my kids go back to school. I know, we are much later than most areas of the country but all the public schools in Oregon start after Labor Day and our district starts on the Wednesday after Labor Day.
I started my new job (at my children's elementary school in the library) last week and I LOVE IT! I really love the people at the school and I'm really enjoying the job itself. I have worked at the school off and on in temporary jobs for 4 years and it feels good to be back. It is only 4 hours a day which gives me a life outside of work, too. However, I have the feeling that I'm going to be adjusting this week and feel like I'm working full-time!
With this "adjustment" period in mind, I've planned some easy meals this week.
- Cereal, fruit
- Oatmeal with berries
- French Toast on the first day of school
- Chicken salad sandwiches on croissants (special for the first week of school, I don't normally send croissant sandwiches in the lunch boxes!)
- turkey sandwiches, fruit,
- yogurt with granola, homemade granola bars, fruit
- string cheese, lunch meat, crackers, fruit (or carrot sticks and ranch)
- Thai noodles (for Hubby and I, the kids won't eat these but we LOVE them!)
- Cottage Cheese Casserole, veggies with ranch
- Soup and Bread
- Chicken Crockpot thing (chicken breasts, Cream of Broccoli and Cheese soup, milk, cook in crockpot til meat falls apart. Shred chicken, serve with sauce over rice)
- Pasta bake , breadsticks
- Pancakes, hashbrowns, fruit
- Friday First Week of School Celebration! Navajo Tacos (Indian fry bread, refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, salsa, etc), Spanish rice, chips, fruit salad, hot fudge cake for dessert! We will probably invite friends over to help us celebrate.