Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 20 - There's a Light at the End of that Tunnel

Mondays are so hard. I did not want to get up this morning and it was torture to get out of bed and get going. It was sunny when I got up but an hour later it was raining and windy. I just wanted to crawl back in bed and pull the covers over my head.

But, no. I dutifully got ready, and went to work. I spend a long time straightening my hair. But this morning it wasn't worth it. It was raining and windy but I walked to work anyway. By the time I got to work my hair was crazy to say the least! I should probably just embrace the curls and forget the whole straightening thing, but I just can't.

I went shopping with the two oldest girls at Target tonight. Tali needed something for her last cross country meet. She also needed a coat. It is cold in the mornings here now and her old coat was much too small. We found a really cute gray pea coat which was only $27.99 and she really likes it. It was definitely a necessary purchase.

It is the 20th of the month and I'm thinking I may make it to the end of the month on one tank of gas! I'm really seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

The hardest part of the whole food thing is finding snacks. We actually resorted to oatmeal for snacks tonight! Unless I bake more I'm going to be in trouble! With working it is so hard to find the time (and the desire!) to bake some muffins or cookies or whatever. But that is what I need to do!

Meals today:

Breakfast was oatmeal with berries and cereal

Lunch was leftovers for Hubby and I, bits and pieces for the kids.

Dinner was croquettes and salad and fruit.

Tomorrow is scalloped potatoes day and I'm really excited about it!

Jill

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Any chance you could convince your older kids to do some baking for snacks? They might be more than willing if you ask.

Alison said...

That is so awesome that you're going to make it through the month on ONE tank of gas!!

I wish this was a viable option for me right now. Unfortunately, my university is 45 minutes away, and there isn't any public transit available. However, I did sacrifice face to face instruction for two of my four courses this semester, which likely saved me one trip a week. (The other two courses are online, which is somewhat disorienting.) Unfortunately, I'm suffering from adult conversation withdrawals at least two days a week as a result.

One day I will have a job I can walk to!

Way to go, Jill, you're a real inspiration. :)