Still in our Month of Nothing and so planning cheap meals this week. I'm starting to run out of the things I stocked-up on. I'm sure I will spend the whole $50 this week, unlike the last two weeks.
Meals for this week:
- Homemade instant oatmeal. I'm so glad I learned this because my son LOVES this! On Tuesday of this week he had it for breakfast, after-school snack and asked for it for bed-time snack, too. It is so easy. Put 1/3 c. oats in a bowl (I use old-fashioned oats), add 2/3 c. liquid (I use 1/3 c. water, 1/3 c. mik), put it in the microwave for 1 minutes 30 seconds or so. Stir and serve. I put out brown sugar, maple syrup and frozen berries. I let Kaden add his own. I read a study once that said that if kids put their own sweetener on something, they actually add less than if you bought the pre-sweetened kind.
I like this oatmeal with dried cranberries and slivered almonds in it. Yum!
- cereal. It is inevitable, no matter what I plan, someone always has cereal. I don't even fight it anymore.
- Homemade bread toasted with jam.
- yogurt, cheese sticks, fruit, crackers, leftovers, PB&J's, etc
- Chicken and homemade rice-a-roni. Fruit, jello
- Homemade Mac and Cheese, sliced tomatoes
- Wagon Wheel Chili, biscuits, veggies and ranch
- Soup and rolls (whatever kind of soup strikes my fancy that day)
- Baked Beans over rice, veggies and ranch, fruit
- Toasted Cheese sandwiches and tomato soup
- Gardenburgers (from the freezer), home fries, fruit or veggies
For more menu ideas hop on over to Organizing Junkie and check out Menu Plan Monday!