Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day Nine - In Which I Get a Cold

This morning I had a headache. The kind that is centered right behind your nose and eyes, you know? I thought, "That's weird, it almost feels like a sinus headache." I took a couple of motrin and felt fine the rest of the day.

Then while I was fixing dinner, it hit me.

"I'm getting a cold." I thought.

Then 15 minutes later I started sneezing. Then the congestion hit. Then the body aches. About an hour later I felt miserable. I'm now laying in my bed in my pajamas hoping that I have Nyquil (or the generic equivalent) in my medicine cabinet. If I don't, I'm in big trouble 'cause I'll never be able to sleep if I don't.

Do you think cold medicine is a "necessity?" I guess the answer depends on whether you are the one with a cold or not!

Meals today were:

Breakfast was english muffins with jam and chocolate milk (regular milk with Hershey's syrup added - don't judge me, we like it.), and apples.

Lunch for me was the last of the Thai noodles and snacks from treat day at work. Hubby took leftover Cornbean casserole from Tuesday night. The kids took yogurt, fruit, graham crackers, cheese sticks, etc.

Dinner was pancakes. Blueberry pancakes and potato pancakes. Not everyone likes potato pancakes and not everyone likes blueberry pancakes so if I make both, everyone is happy. Plus it's really cheap and yummy. We like to do breakfast for dinner. Everyone thinks it's a treat, I think it's easy, and it saves me money. How can you do better than that?

I took cinnamon bread to treat day today, and ended up with extra so the kids (ok, and me, too) had that for snacks.

I'm going to go drink some lemon honey tea, take some kind of drugs and go to bed. I have the day off tomorrow so I'm sleeping in and spending time with my sister. My plan is to bake this weekend so that I have snacks and lunch-box stuffers for next week. Muffins, more cinnamon bread, cookies, etc. Hopefully I'll feel better and have the energy for that.

What are your favorite baked things that you can send in lunches? I'm getting tired of my recipes and need some tried and true ones. Help!

Jill

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Our favorite baked treats are cinnamon bread, brownie bites (baked in mini muffin tins and they freeze well), and cookies. Hope you're feeling better and I would consider cold meds a necessity if anyone in my house had a cold!

Nancy M. said...

I like my cold medicines too. I need them to help me take care of everyone else. I hope you feel better soon.

I like brownies and cookies.